HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

can we restrict emails like icloud, Gmail, etc in mail app in macSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 years ago

I want to restrict gmail, yahoo, icloud emails on my macos mail app. Is it possible to restrict specific emails or only domains
thank you

Replies (4)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hi Hayden,

To better understand your needs, may I ask what you would hope to achieve by restricting emails/domains on macOS Mail?

Regards,

Patrick Zimmerman
Hexnode UEM

Participant
3 years ago

Hi. I want to restrict any corporate data from being synced in mac mail app on other domains like google, yahoo, etc and only for select company domain/email

Participant
3 years ago

You can restrict domains in iOS in “managed domains” in policies. not sure if mac has it.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hi Hayden,

Unfortunately, we don’t have an option that restricts emails/domains like Google, Yahoo, etc in macOS. However, we do have a restriction that disables iCloud Mail from syncing with iCloud. If you navigate to Policies > macOS > Restrictions > Allow iCloud Options and uncheck the option iCloud Mail, the Mail App will not sync with iCloud on associated devices. I’ve attached a link for the corresponding help document on macOS Restrictions for more clarity.

To add on to @paxton___’s suggestion about iOS, there is also an option to configure unmarked email domains. However, managed domain is supported only on iOS and not Mac.

We hope this answered your query. Please get back to us if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Patrick Zimmerman
Hexnode UEM