- This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Grace Baker. This post has been viewed 481 times
September 20, 2017 at 4:56 am #698Leilani
Looking for a solution to load videos on product explanations onto tablets that would be used in retail stores. Not looking anything to complex, simply a range of product videos showing as clickable icons/images. Budget is lowSeptember 22, 2017 at 7:20 am #716Hexnode SupportHexnode MDM2 pts
The Android Kiosk mode on Hexnode MDM would be just right for what you have in mind. Here’s what you do. Get an Android app to play and loop videos. There will be plenty to choose from. Select one that can stream videos and remotely control playback if network connectivity and bandwidth are no constraints. Use Hexnode MDM to whitelist the app in Kiosk mode. This way, the video player alone will be accessible on the device. The built-in file manager and messenger let you remotely send video files and streaming links to the device. And unlike the solutions that rip you off with add-on packs and supplementary charges for every minute features, Hexnode MDM packs all these features in a handful of simple and really affordable plans.
Here’s a step by step walkthrough on how to get the tablets ready for in-store use.
- Install the Video player app on the tablets.
- Deploy Hexnode MDM and enable Kiosk mode
Here’s the complete guide for all things Kiosk
- Whitelist the video player app.
This ensures that the video player alone is accessible on the device. Check the Kiosk guide above to know how.
- Whitelist and hide the secondary system apps that need to be run alongside.
Here’s topic on whitelisting system apps and the possible issues if you don’t
- You might want to consider setting the video player app to auto-launch if you want to add a few extra apps of your own.
- Updating apps are pretty easy too. Have a look at the following help
- When you want to add additional content or restore the tablets for normal use, you can remotely turn off Kiosk mode from your Hexnode MDM portal. You can also allow authorized users to deactivate Kiosk mode in the device by entering a password. See, how to turn off Kiosk mode
Thanks and regards
Hexnode Support Team
+1-866-498-9407 (US Toll Free)
+44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll Free)
+61-1800165939 (Australia Toll Free)
Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.February 14, 2020 at 6:40 am #5367Nicole
Is there any other method to do this?February 14, 2020 at 11:54 am #5395Grace BakerModerator1 pt
Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.
We have added a new feature ‘Digital Signage Kiosk’ using which you can lock down the Android device into an image/video streaming screen, that can play the media files in loop. You can trim, mute and add custom background music to the videos. Transmission speed and animations can also be added. Also, the display content can be modified anytime using Hexnode. You can either upload the media file to the portal and push it to the device or specify the file path on the target device. The supported formats for media files are JPG & PNG for images, MP4 & Matroska (MKV) for videos and, MP3 and OGG for audio.
Please note that the feature is supported only on Android devices running 4.4+.
Kindly use the help link to know more about Digital Signage Kiosk.
Hexnode MDMFebruary 20, 2020 at 10:32 am #5565Isabis
Will this work the same for Kindle tablets too?February 21, 2020 at 4:31 am #5588Grace BakerModerator1 pt
Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.
In the case of Amazon Fire OS devices, you can lock down the device into digital signage kiosk mode, but only image files can be streamed. Videos cannot be streamed in the case of kindle devices.
Need to know more? Have a look at Digital Signage Kiosk.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.