Not being able to configure BitLocker using Hexnode MDM

expand collapsive

Hi, I had a policy that included Windows > BitLocker enabled. I just went to the policy to find that BitLocker is greyed out and says I need to “update the plan to configure this feature.” This is pretty shocking as it could mean I unknowingly have devices that no longer have encrypted volumes. Can someone explain what happened and what I need to do to correct this?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

The reason for this behaviour is that the feature BitLocker is not supported by the plan that you are currently subscribed to.

You might have been on trial or previously subscribed to a plan that supported the feature. When on trial, you are provided with the highest plan by default.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for the reply.

If you wish to access the feature BitLocker, please subscribe to the plan (Ultra) that supports this feature.
    To know about the different plans and features under each plan, please go to the pricing page and click on ‘Compare Plans’.  The features under each plan will be listed.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Yes, BitLocker encryption is possible on Windows devices that do not have a TPM. But the user will be prompted to plug in the BitLocker USB key every time the system boots.
    To check whether your device has a compatible TPM:

Method 1:

• Press Win + R and open Run > Type tpm.msc > Click OK to open the TPM Management snap-in console.
    • You will be able to see if the device has a compatible TPM or not.

Method 2:

• Press Win + R and open Run > Type tpm.msc > Click OK to open the Device Manager.
    • Check if the security devices have been listed. If yes, expand Security devices to see if you can see a TPM with its version number.

Method 3:

• Starting from Windows 10, version 1803, please go to Windows Defender Security Center > Device
    • Security > Security processor details to find the TPM status.

Please check out our help doc on BitLocker for more info.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM