Allow access to a specific domain in a country

expand collapsive

Hi, I wanna block complete web access in Germany in general. But sometimes few of my employees may want to access a specific website there and I want to let them do that. Is there a way I can whitelist just a single website within just Germany and then block access to every other website there for a device?

All Replies

• Hi @kod,
    Thanks for reaching out to us. We’ve got what you are looking for!

Hexnode offers a combination of Web Content Filtering and Geofencing to help you achieve your specific requirement. You can configure the policy to meet your necessary conditions within the Policies Tab.

1. Go to Policies and add New Policy.
    2. Choose your OS (iOS, macOS, Android), select Web Content Filtering and choose filter type as Whitelist. Now specify the URLs which need to be accessible, and all other websites will be blocked.
    3. Select General Settings > Geofencing. If a geofence for Germany is not already created, click on Create New Geofence.  Bring up Germany by typing the location in the search box and draw a rectangular fence over the region. Click Save.
    4. Once the geofence is created, click on +Add fence. Select Germany from the list and click OK. This ensures the policy is applied only for devices within Germany.
    5. Select Policy Targets > Devices > +Add Devices. Select the Device name and click OK. This associates the new policy with the Device.

Hope this answer suits your requirements.

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Emma Jones.
  • Participant

Dakarai

Participant

Is there a way I can apply the same set of conditions but for all the devices within Boston instead of having to do it over and over again for each device? Basically, like a way to automate the settings maybe?

• Hello @dakarai, we’ve got you covered!

You’ve simply got to create a dynamic group by including Boston. Go to Manage > Device Groups > New Dynamic Group. Under Geofences/Location filters, choose Boston.
    Now, all you have to do is configure a policy by Whitelisting a domain in Web Content Filtering and associating the policy to the created Dynamic Group.

Hope that answers your query.

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM