Restricting Connectivity on Android

expand collapsive

Configured android phones such that user access to settings blocked, by kiosk. Some users may have turned on NFC before. Gotta change/check it. Policy already applied. Ideas..?

All Replies

• Hello @Biyu, thanks for reaching out to us!

You can force turn off NFC remotely from the Hexnode portal. For this, navigate to Advanced Restrictions under Android and uncheck NFC. Note that this is only supported on Samsung Knox devices.

Restricting NFC via Advanced Restrictions

You can also check the policies you have applied by clicking on your device under Manage tab and choosing Policies subtab.

Hope that answers your query.

Cheers!
    Gabriel Galbraith
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Mandisa

Participant

Hey I’ve also enforced multi-app kiosks for my office devices. You guys given the users access to toggle settings like Wi-Fi or mobile data in case one fails? Well, tbh I’ve been racking my brains on how to do so, but to no avail. Yo tech geeks, help! @Biyu @Gabriel

• Thanks for reaching out to us, @Mandisa!

With Hexnode’s Peripheral Settings for kiosk, you can allow the users to access basic settings such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile data, etc. When the policy is pushed, a settings icon will appear inside the kiosk with only the features authorized from the portal.

Setting up Kiosk Peripheral Settings

Hope that helped.

Cheers!
    Gabriel Galbraith
    Hexnode UEM