OneDrive not syncing with the Mac

expand collapsive

Hey!

I successfully pushed OneDrive to my fourteen Mac devices via Hexnode. However, when attempting to sign in, I encountered the following error message:

OneDrive Files On-Demand didn’t start. Please restart your computer and try again. Error code: -1912600610.

I suspect there might be a problem with the app installation from Hexnode. If anyone has dealt with a similar problem or has tips for using OneDrive on a Mac without failure, I’d like to hear your solutions for this problem.

All Replies

• Participant

hazel

Participant

Hi @Frida!

This wouldn’t be an issue with app installation. I encountered the same issue and successfully resolved it by resetting OneDrive. To reset OneDrive, you can follow the steps given below.

1. Launch Finder and navigate to Applications > OneDrive.
    2. Right-click on the app and select Show Package Contents.
    3. Go to Contents > Resources.
    4. Double-click on the ResetOneDriveApp.command to run the OneDrive reset script.
    5. Wait until the script resets the OneDrive app and restart the device.
    6. Log in to your OneDrive account again to check if the issue persists.

I found this solution effective and hope it helps you too.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Ben.
  • Hi @Frida and @Hazel!

Thanks @Hazel, for sharing your insights.

This error may arise if the “Files On-Demand” feature fails to initiate on your macOS devices. Files On-Demand is a feature that enables access to files in OneDrive without the need to download them to local storage. Instead, these files are visible in File Explorer and only downloaded when opened. It is important to note that this issue is not caused by Hexnode UEM.

The solution suggested by @Hazel is one of the recommended approaches for addressing this issue. Additionally, you can consider the following alternative solutions to resolve the issue.

A) You can resolve the issue by temporarily disabling all Finder extensions and gradually re-enabling them one by one. This approach helps pinpoint any extensions that may conflict with the OneDrive extension. To access your extensions on the device, navigate to System Settings > Extensions, where you can view and manage all installed extensions on your system.

B) Another solution you can attempt enabling Files On-Demand via the terminal. To do this, first, exit the OneDrive application, and then run the following command to enable Files On-Demand:

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :FilesOnDemandEnabled bool true" ~/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.OneDrive.plist

After running the above command, restart the OneDrive app to check if the issue is still present.

C) If the issue is still present, try reinstalling OneDrive. For reinstalling:

1. Launch Finder and go to the Applications folder.
    2. Drag the OneDrive app to the Trash.
    3. Then empty the Trash and restart the Mac.
    4. Reinstall OneDrive for Mac from the App Store or deploy it from Hexnode UEM and check if the Files On-Demand option is available now.

By following the above suggested solutions, you should be able to resolve the problem. If you have any further difficulties or questions, feel free to reach out.

With Regards,
    Ben
    Hexnode UEM