Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Kiosk exit password preference

Unified Endpoint Management Community Forums Android Management Kiosk exit password preference

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Grace Baker. This post has been viewed 106 times
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alva

I am having a doubt regarding the kiosk exit password for Android devices. I can see that 2 passwords can be set, one under Admin tab and the other one through a policy. So, which password should I provide on the device to exit from kiosk? A bit confused though¬†ūüôĀ

#4177 Score: 0
    Grace Baker
    1 pt

Hi Alva,

Thanks for posting in forum.

To exit from the Android Kiosk you have to tap the Home Screen 10 times rapidly and enter the password.
    If you have configured a password in ‚ÄėKiosk exit settings‚Äô under ‚ÄėKiosk lockdown‚Äô in the policy applied, please use this password to exit from the kiosk mode.
    Only if such a password has not been configured through any of the policies applied to the device, then the Kiosk mode can be exited using the default password in Admin–>General Settings–>Global Exit Settings.

Kindly use the help link to know more about how to exit the Android Kiosk mode using Hexnode MDM.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

#4436 Score: 0
    diego

What about exiting kiosk on windows?

#4490 Score: 0
    Grace Baker
    1 pt

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

The Windows kiosk mode can be exited by the following methods:

1. Disassociate the Policy
    2. Archive the policy

If the methods mentioned above fail to remove the kiosk policy from the device, press CTRL+ALT+DEL. This locks the screen and allows users to sign in with a different account from the login page.

Use the help link for further insights into the same.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.