I’m setting up Lenovo Android tablets as sealed, wall-mounted single-app kiosks using Android Enterprise Device Owner mode. The kiosk is locked to a web app and needs to survive unattended reboots because the devices won’t be physically accessible after installation.
The kiosk initially worked, but after changing some settings the tablet started going into sleep mode. When I rebooted it, it no longer relaunched into kiosk mode and just showed a black screen.
I already set the screen timeout to Never and configured the kiosk launcher to auto-launch the web app, but I initially used a 1-second auto-launch delay. The device still came back to a black screen after reboot.
What is the correct setup to stop the tablet sleeping and make sure the kiosk relaunches properly after every reboot? I also want the device to connect to a hidden Wi-Fi network and allow Wi-Fi switching while testing, without breaking kiosk mode.