Associate a custom script to a policy

expand collapsive

Associate a custom script to a policy

This feature would greatly help in many situations, instead of going to manage > Devices and selecting the computers to run a custom script to machines in masses, it would be nice if we could create a policy that has a section where you can include the operation of a custom script. So when I add a new computer to the created policy it automatically runs the custom script.

All Replies

• Hello @brandon-fuqua, welcome to Hexnode Community!

Thank you for the suggestion, we truly appreciate it.

Point taken. We will surely take this up with the corresponding team. Although, it’d be beneficial if you could mention the use cases for your request. It would help us make the feature optimal.

Chloe Edison,
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Nathan

Participant

I would also find this beneficial. Here are some use cases:

– Installs that are not MSI and do not play well being converted from EXE to MSI

– Clean up scripts that assist in computer deployement

Note you give me enough time and I can come up with a few more use cases. For my case, having a policy run the scripts would save me steps. Saving steps saves me time and improves consistency.

• Hello @nathan-boone, welcome to Hexnode Community!

Thank you for sharing your valuable insight. We’ll be sure to keep these use cases in mind as we work on building the feature.

And please, do keep them coming as and when you find new ones, we’re always open to inputs, especially if it means we can help save your time and deliver a better experience.

Regards,
    Chloe Edison
    Hexnode UEM

• I’ve also come across this use case – we want to have every new sign up install and run the Vanta Agent with their email address as a parameter. Being able to run a parameterised custom script would be an excellent way to do that.

• Hello, @adam-clements!

We appreciate your suggestion, will surely bring it to our team’s attention to include parameterization in the feature.

In the meanwhile, do make use of our Execute Custom Script action. It is available for
    macOS as well as Windows devices and supports the usage of arguments. You can make use of the wildcard %email% to pass the user’s email address as an argument.

Thank you for your suggestion once again. We’re looking forward to hearing more from you!

Regards,
    Chloe Edison
    Hexnode UEM