monitor kiosk devices remotely

expand collapsive

Our field workers are using android kiosk devices. And, one of the new workers has difficulty in operating our enterprise app and updating information in it. So, I need to check if he is doing the work correctly from my office. Please provide a solution.

All Replies

• Participant

Kent0n

Participant

@eugene
    I couldn’t start the remote view session. A message “Remote View app is not installed on the device. Click here to install it now.” was shown. Then I attempted to install the remote view app from there. However, i was unable to begin the session.

• Hi @kent0n,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You can remotely view and monitor your employee’s kiosk-enabled Android devices from the Hexnode portal. Before starting the session, you have to go to Admin > General Settings > Remote View & Control Settings on the Hexnode portal and check ‘Enable Remote View’ and ‘Prompt user to install Remote View app while in kiosk mode (Android)’ options.

Navigate to Manage > Devices > Device Summary > Remote View, and then if you press on the ‘Click here to install it now’ button, the Remote View app will get installed on the device. The app is silently installed on devices enrolled in Android Enterprise as Device Owner. On other devices, the user has to manually install the app when prompted. Also, the user must grant permission from the device end to view the device remotely when you click on the Start Session button.

Have a look at remote viewing and controlling Android devices to know more.

Hope this solves your query.

Regards,
    Evin Lee
    Hexnode UEM

Solution