Lock down iPad to a single website

expand collapsive

I want to lock my ipad to one url which is taxi booking webpage but do not want people to close or change the browser. How can I get this using Hexnode?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out.

Hexnode can lock down your iOS device to a single website using a web app kiosk policy.
    You will have to add the Web App into the app inventory and push it to the device through a policy.

Kindly follow the below steps to add the web app into the app inventory:

1.Login to your Hexnode MDM portal.
    2.Navigate to Apps tab–> +Add Apps–>Web App.
    3. Assign a suitable name, URL, app icon and choose a category, for the Web App.
    4. Click Add                                                                                                                                                                                    Creating a Web App kiosk policy:
    1. Navigate to the Policies tab and create a new policy/choose to edit an existing one.
    2. Under Kiosk Settings > iOS Kiosk Mode, choose the Web App Kiosk option. Tap on Configure.
    Two options will be available:
    Safari Browser: Will provide access only to websites added as web apps, which will be appearing as bookmarks in the browser
    Hexnode Browser Lite (Single tab browser): Will provide access to web apps as well as whitelisted websites within the web app.
    For access to a single website, you can choose the ‘single web app kiosk’ beneath the Hexnode Browser Lite.
    Please click on the +icon and select the web app to be set in kiosk mode. Hit on done.
    The ‘Disable back button’ option in the ‘Advanced Website kiosk settings’ can also be enabled to disable the back button. Please note to associate targets and save the policy.

Kindly use the link for further reference.

Cheers!

Grace Baker

Hexnode MDM

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Grace Baker.