Advanced Passcode Options

expand collapsive

Setting up the passcode options good for security however, is it possible to have advanced features implemented which allow for the device security to be further heightened such as:

• Passcodes cannot be 111111, 123456, 654321 and any other simple and guessable passcodes.
  • Change the timing on when the user is prompted to add or change passcode when they click Ask Later, and how many times they can click on Ask Later until the option disappears and they must apply the passcode.
  • For Hexnode to detect any accounts that may have simple passcodes set and prompt for a change to make sure the device continues to stay secure.
  • If there is multiple attempts made for the passcode that the device can be locked, admins altered and possibly a message on the screen stating to contact the admin of the device, etc.

All Replies

• Hey @Daniel,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Let me start by answering your initial query – Yes, Hexnode does support advanced password management features that can fortify your device ecosystem and streamline your managerial processes.

Now, let’s break it down one by one:

• While configuring the password policy, always make sure to set a strong password type for your devices. For instance, you can set the password type to Complex Value (or specify minimum complex characters) to ensure that your users cannot use simple passwords that are easy to crack.
    • In the case of iOS/iPadOS devices, there will be a time window (up to 1 hour) where the users can use the device without setting a new password as enforced by the administrator. Once the user crosses this time limit, the user will be forced to specify a new password to continue using the device. For Android devices, you can only mark the devices as non-compliant if they do not have passwords as per the rules enforced by the password policy. However, as a workaround, you can leverage the Set Password action to set passwords on Android devices remotely.
    • Regarding your third requirement, all you need to do is associate a strong password policy with your target devices. All those devices that do not comply with the set password criteria will be marked as non-compliant. In addition, you can generate extensive reports of all such non-compliant devices from the Reports module in Hexnode. As the password policy is now associated with the devices, a prompt to set a new password will appear for the users. Eventually, all your users will be required to update the password according to the enforced rules.
    • Unfortunately, for your final requirement, it’s not something that Hexnode offers right now. However, there’s a setting in Hexnode to wipe the device data automatically if any person exceeds the maximum number of incorrect attempts as specified in the password policy. As a result, Hexnode resets such devices to their factory defaults, preventing unwanted intrusions to sensitive business data.

I hope this is what you’re looking for. If there’s any particular setting that you are in dire need of, please do let us know. We look forward to hearing more from you. Have a great day!

Thanks!
    Jeff Morrison
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Jeff Morrison.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  Jeff Morrison.
    Solution
  • Participant

Daniel

Participant

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the reply, sorry I have only just seen this too.

It was very helpful in terms of understanding what is possible through Hexnode as I am still learning bits on the system to ensure the best use for my organisation.

It would be interesting to see if the reporting aspect I mentioned which you have stated isnt on offer is something that can be achieved as I know it would benefit my firm but am sure many others, however, I also understand that your development team will have 1000’s of requests and dont wish to add more so happy to wait for any features like this.

Thank you once again for the reply and have a great day yourself.