What is Active Directory?

expand collapsive

Hello, could you explain to me what an “Active Directory” is? (found it in the management tab and all my google searches on the matter come up with what I can do with it rather than what it is).

All Replies

• Participant

Frank

Participant

Hey Quincy! Active Directory is a product by Microsoft which contains several services that run on Windows Server to manage permissions and access to networked resources.

It stores directory information and handles the interactions of the user with the domain.

You can also import users, groups and OUs from AD and assign policies as a whole thus eliminating the process of creating user groups within portal manually.

With Hexnode MDM, you can easily integrate the corporate Active Directory along with Mobile Device Management.

Cheers!
    Frank Clinton
    Hexnode MDM.

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Hexnode supports Active Directory, Azure AD and GSuite.

Active Directory can be integrated into Hexnode, and you can apply configuration to a set of users or groups. This reduces the load on admins. Check out Active Directory based Device Management to know more.
    Azure AD is a cloud-based service that provides a centralized directory for all cloud applications and servers. It provides easy sign-in provisions and automates workflow. Check out Azure Active Directory integration with Hexnode MDM for more info.
    G Suite is a Software as a Service (SaaS) product developed by Google that will help you in running your business easily. It groups all the cloud-based productivity and collaboration tools developed by Google for businesses and other organizations. Check out G Suite to know more.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM