HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Warp configuration not workingSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 years ago

Need help! I have been trying to set up Cloudflare warp through the portal. Uploaded the pkg under enterprise apps and installed it with configured xml file. But the plist file values remain unchanged, the edits are not reflected in the file… please help I am stuck!!
I followed the steps as mentioned in

https://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/connections/connect-devices/warp/deployment/mdm-deployment/partners/hexnode

Replies (8)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
2 years ago

Is it that the plist file remains unchanged or is it not recognized by the warp app??

Participant
2 years ago

Hey @Eloise Parker…. This is the file name
com.cloudflare.1dot1dot1dot1.macos.warp.daemon.plist
The path is:
System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cloudflare.1dot1dot1dot1.macos.warp.daemon.plist

This is the content of the file, default version.
Am I out of luck??

Participant
2 years ago

If you send a configuration, it must be on the device, look again…

Participant
2 years ago

Hey, I found my XML file with the configured values. The file is named
Com.cloudflare.1dot1dot1dot1.macos.plist.
I found it in /library/managed preferences.
The warp app did not use it, I wonder why??

Participant
2 years ago

I found this in the documentation:
The Cloudflare WARP client allows for an automated installation via any script or management tool that can place a com.cloudflare.warp.plist file in /Library/Managed Preferences on a supported macOS device. Additionally, this plist can be wrapped in a .mobileconfig. 

So, a file was placed in /library/managed preferences, but the name is different. Is that an issue?
Maybe try changing the name of the plist file to com.cloudflare.warp.plist...

Participant
2 years ago

Would that work? But why was the file named different, and why were there two files in different locations?

Participant
2 years ago

You could avoid all this trouble by using the mobileconfig file to push your configurations… Instead of using app configurations to push the xml plist file, use custom configurations to deploy CloudflareWARP.mobileconfig .
You can download it from here: https://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/connections/connect-devices/warp/deployment/mdm-deployment/
You need to run uuidgen in your macOS Terminal and generate a value for PayloadUUID and replace the default value used for PayloadUUID in the mobileconfig file, edit the parameters and push it to your target device. Here is a guide: https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/help/how-to-deploy-custom-configuration-profiles-to-macos-devices/

Participant
2 years ago

@Rebecca Guess what! It worked… finallyyy…thank you so much!