Allowlisting of apps applied to Administrator but not to local user account

expand collapsive

Hey!

I successfully configured an allowlisting policy and an app configuration to allowlist the Chrome app and a URL in Chrome, respectively on macOS devices. Upon switching to my local user account, I noticed that the app allowlisting policy does not seem to work, even though the Chrome URL allowlisting is working in both admin and user accounts. In the System Settings, I am able to see the Hexnode UEM profile in both admin and user accounts. Also, I am consistently being interrupted by pop-ups from Safari Support while using my admin account. This is causing inconvenience and affecting my workflow.

What steps can be taken to rectify the app allowlisting problem and the Safari Support pop-up issue?

All Replies

• Hello @Eugene! Thanks for reaching out to us.

Application allowlisting is restricted to user accounts that are managed by UEM, specifically those used for device enrollment. However, irrespective of the user account type, you can achieve app allowlisting with the help of custom app configuration profiles. Because the app configuration is pushed as a device-managed profile, it will be applied to all accounts on the device. You can deploy this custom profile with the help of Deploy Custom Configuration policy to allowlist Chrome app.

Secondly, you can eliminate the pop-ups from Safari Support by allowlisting the Safari app with the help of the Allowlist policy. You should select the option “Choose an app from the device” under the policy and specify the app name and app path.

I hope this helps! Please feel free to contact us with any further queries.

With Regards,

Ben Clarke

Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Ben.