PKG Upload failed due to signing

expand collapsive

I’ve been using the enterprise app feature for my Macs but recently when I tried to upload a PKG file to the Hexnode portal, it failed even though I tried multiple times. The message in red colour says that the file is not signed. But I’m pretty much sure that it has been properly signed.

All Replies

• Participant

Darien

Participant

Can you try running the following command on a Mac in which this app is present. This will tell you if the app has been properly signed or not. (Ensure to navigate to the appropriate folder in the terminall before running the command)

“pkgutil –check-signature “package_name.pkg”

This should help you check whether the app has been signed.

• Participant

AziEl

Participant

Thanks for that info! I checked the command and it did confirm that my app has been signed. It showed a message like: “signed by a developer certificate issued by apple for distribution.”

This should be the preferred response, right?

• Hey Aziel,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we really appreciate the effort put forward by Pseudo_2 to provide a helping hand with some valuable information!

Can you please check and confirm whether the file you’ve used is not a flat PKG file? Flat PKG files are single files that do not contain the package info root file and the distribution root file as opposed to conventional PKG files that include both the root files. Currently, Hexnode does not support flat PKG files to be uploaded into the Hexnode UEM console, which could be the reason why you were getting an error while uploading your PKG file.

If you could possibly identify the type of PKG file used and reach back to us, we will definitely do our best to help you out!

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

AziEl

Participant

Hey, thanks for the valuable info that you shared. I just found out that the file used was actually a flat PKG file! From the error message, I really thought it had something to do with the package signing. 

• Hey Aziel,

Thank you for reaching out to us, again!

Regarding your query, we have raised a feature request with our development team.

Hope this clears your query. If you have further queries, please feel free to contact us and we’ll be more than happy to help you out.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM