Screen timeout setting not applying (Android Enterprise Device Owner)

expand collapsive

Device: Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G

Management Type: Android Enterprise Device Owner

Agent Type: Samsung Knox

I’ve created a policy where I set the screen timeout to 5 minutes. It says Android Enterprise Device Owner and Samsung Knox are both supported. I assigned this policy to a device group which contains these tablets, but this setting won’t update from 30 seconds. The rest of my configuration is applying without any issues.

What am I missing?

All Replies

• Hello @acarter, welcome to Hexnode Connect!

Just to clarify, 30 seconds was the initial configuration set on the device-end for Screen Timeout, right? Could you also please check and confirm whether the Device Password policy with the Auto-lock after option has been associated with the device?

We might need a few more details to look into the case further. Our support team will reach out to you shortly regarding the same.

Best regards,
    Chloe Edison
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Adam

Participant

Hey there,

I already worked with Hexnode support to get this looked at. Unfortunately it seems to be some kind of bug–the only way to get the screen timeout policy to push is to remove the device from the policy, restart the device, and then re-add the device to the policy. I’m not 100% sure if restarting the device is required, but removing the device and re-adding it to the policy is. Unfortunately that wipes out the home screen that we’ve set up before deployment, so we just had to set the timeout manually. It’s affecting all of the tablets I’m managing which are all Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE.

We’re good to go for now, but maybe your engineers can get this resolved at some point =)

• Participant

Adam

Participant

Oh, sorry, just noticed your first question. The initial configuration was “Keep Current Settings”. Also, if it’s helpful to know, after we remove and re-add the device to the policy to get the screen timeout configuration to push properly, the same issue remains. Any changes to the screen timeout configuration don’t take affect unless all the devices are removed and re-added to the policy.

• Hello @acarter!

Thank you so much for your quick response and thorough explanation; we genuinely appreciate it. We will definitely look further into the case.

Feel free to contact us in case of any other doubts or queries.

Best regards,
    Chloe Edison
    Hexnode UEM