HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Remove AE icon from managed appsSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 years ago

Good day guys.. In my Android devices which are enrolled as AE (Android Enterprise), there seems to be a small work (briefcase) icon in the managed apps to distinguish it from the other applications. Is it possible to remove this icon from the devices?

Replies (4)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 years ago

I don’t think you can remove that icon as such. It is present to identify work applications in a device.

Participant
3 years ago

I know.. But I’d like to know if there’s any way to hide the icon so that it merges well with other personal applications.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hey Cipta,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

A work profile is a separate container that gets created when a device gets enrolled as “Android Enterprise – Profile Owner”. All work profile notifications and icons of all the managed applications are marked with a work badge (briefcase icon) so that users can easily identify the work profile apps and notifications.

You will not be able to remove the work profile badge from the managed applications as Google has mandated all managed apps to have this badge so that users can easily distinguish work apps from their personal applications in BYOD scenarios.

Hope I was able to answer your query.

Cheers!
Chris Coleman
Hexnode UEM

Participant
3 years ago

Oh alright. Thanks anyway for the help Chris.