HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

QR code enrollment not workingSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 years ago

Hey guys,

I was trying to enroll my Android devices as a Device Owner (Android Enterprise) and some of the devices were not getting enrolled. I was trying to enroll them via the QR code method and it was failing when I tried enrolling again. Has someone experienced issues with this enrollment method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Noud

Replies (6)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 years ago

Have you checked the OS version of your devices? Device Owner enrollment is supported only on devices running on Android version 5.0 and above.

Participant
3 years ago

Thanks for the help mate. Byee!

Participant
3 years ago

Yeah man. I’ve checked those already. They are all running on OS versions 5.0 and above. Another thing that I just noticed is that the devices that failed to get enrolled as DO are running on Android on 6. But I’m not sure if any device running on Android 6 did get enrolled as we have a large number of devices in our company. Does this have to do anything with the OS versions?

Participant
3 years ago

Actually, any devices running on Android 6 should be able to get enrolled as a Device Owner.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hey Noud,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Hexnode lets you enroll your Android devices running on Android 5.0+ as Android Enterprise – Device Owner. However, the QR code method for Device Owner enrollment works only on Android 7.0+ devices. You can enroll your devices running on Android 6.0+ as Device Owner using the afw#hexnodemdm enrollment method and devices running on Android 5.0+ can be enrolled using the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) method.

I hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
Chris Coleman
Hexnode UEM

Participant
3 years ago

Thanks for the valuable info man! I just tried the AFW enrollment method for the rest of the devices that failed to get enrolled and it worked perfectly fine. Thanks again Chris! Bye.