QR code enrollment not working

expand collapsive

Hey guys,

I was trying to enroll my Android devices as a Device Owner (Android Enterprise) and some of the devices were not getting enrolled. I was trying to enroll them via the QR code method and it was failing when I tried enrolling again. Has someone experienced issues with this enrollment method?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Noud

All Replies

• Gregory

Gregory

Participant

Gregory

Participant

Have you checked the OS version of your devices? Device Owner enrollment is supported only on devices running on Android version 5.0 and above.

Aimi

Participant

Aimi

Participant

Thanks for the help mate. Byee!

Noud

Participant

Noud

Participant

Yeah man. I’ve checked those already. They are all running on OS versions 5.0 and above. Another thing that I just noticed is that the devices that failed to get enrolled as DO are running on Android on 6. But I’m not sure if any device running on Android 6 did get enrolled as we have a large number of devices in our company. Does this have to do anything with the OS versions?

Fabio

Participant

Fabio

Participant

Actually, any devices running on Android 6 should be able to get enrolled as a Device Owner.

• Chris Coleman

Chris Coleman

Hexnode

Chris Coleman

Hey Noud,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Hexnode lets you enroll your Android devices running on Android 5.0+ as Android Enterprise – Device Owner. However, the QR code method for Device Owner enrollment works only on Android 7.0+ devices. You can enroll your devices running on Android 6.0+ as Device Owner using the afw#hexnodemdm enrollment method and devices running on Android 5.0+ can be enrolled using the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) method.

I hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM

Noud

Participant

Noud

Participant

Thanks for the valuable info man! I just tried the AFW enrollment method for the rest of the devices that failed to get enrolled and it worked perfectly fine. Thanks again Chris! Bye.