HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Not able to sign in to Samsung accountSolved

Participant
Discussion
3 years ago

After enrolling my Samsung devices into Hexnode, I was trying to add my Samsung account in the Knox deployment app and I’m getting an error message saying that the process has failed.

Replies (7)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
3 years ago

Have you checked whether you are using the correct credentials? Or maybe you can try resetting the password and retry.

Participant
3 years ago

I’m pretty sure I’m using the correct credentials. In fact, I tried resetting the password and the login still failed after entering the new password.

Participant
3 years ago

Sound pretty unusual… Have you associated any policies with the device?

Participant
3 years ago

There was only a single policy (Web content filtering). I have configured only our enterprise website as a whitelisted URL.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hey Opheli,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

When you whitelist a URL using the Web Content Filtering feature, you will only be able to access the whitelisted URL as all the other URLs will be backlisted. Hence, you will not be able to sign in to your Samsung account as the Samsung URL will also get blacklisted. You can remove the policy and try again.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers!
Chris Coleman
Hexnode UEM

Participant
3 years ago

You were right! Upon removing the policy, I was able to login to my Samsung account successfully. A small doubt too whether the apps will get blacklisted upon configuring web content filtering in my devices.?

Participant
3 years ago

No, only website URLs will get affected by the web content filtering feature. For Applications, there is a separate blacklist/whitelist feature as well. You can check that out here:
https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/help/how-to-blacklist-whitelist-apps-in-android-in-the-enterprise-enabled-devices-using-hexnode-mdm/