No allow option for Privacy preference

expand collapsive

Last day I was trying to deploy zoom app to my students. And in that process I also wanted to allow all the setting before I deployed the app. But when trying to enable camera and microphone, there is no option to allow the permission. Only default and deny option are seen. All the other permissions can be set to allow. Am I missing something or is there other options for this.

Thanks for the help in advance.

All Replies

• Hey @am,

Welcome to the Hexnode community.

The Camera, Microphone, and Screen Recording services cannot be remotely allowed by an MDM. This is a privacy feature that Apple has introduced to ensure that the user should explicitly allow these three permissions for the app concerned. The user is prompted for permission even if the Let user authorize option is selected for the Screen Recording service. Every other service for an app can be remotely enabled/disabled through Hexnode UEM.

Hope that helps with your query.

Cheers!

Johan Blake

Hexnode UEM

Solution
  • Participant

Sparrow

Participant

Dear Johan,

In case if user dont have admin access. User wont be able to do it. Is there a workaround for that?

This should be included in your Zero touch enrollment setup in the future. This is a very useful feature for the admins.

Apps like zoom, teams, slack, chrome, anydesk, teamviewer.All require the screensharing to be enabled to work properly.

Cheers

Ceetus

• Hey Ceetus,
    Thanks for posting in the Hexnode community!

As a workaround, you can grant admin access to standard users by deploying a Bash script from the portal. You can choose to either assign them permanent admin rights or grant them for a predetermined period.

I can understand how this can be a useful feature but unfortunately, the Privacy Preference payload provided by Apple only permits the MDM to deny permissions like camera, microphone, and screen recording.

Hope that helps. Feel free to contact us for more queries.
    Cheers!
    Johan Blake
    Hexnode UEM