MacOS device is not pinging to the portal 

expand collapsive

Hey, some of my Macs are not responding to the portal commands. Have any of u faced a similar situation?

All Replies

• Hi @tamsin-tim,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your query, we are more than happy to help.

We would appreciate it if you can provide a little more info on your situation. Would you please let us know the indication of the issue, type of enrollment, OS version, device type, the troubleshooting methods you have tried (if any)?

Regards
    Nora Lang
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Tamsin

Participant

I am having this issue with a few of the Macs with M1 chip (v11.5.1), they are all enrolled via DEP.

None of the actions or policies that I have pushed is reaching the device, their status is shown as ‘pending’. It looks like the device is not pinging the server.

I have checked the internet connection, there is no network congestion, blockage, routing issues or network restrictions. The devices are updated to the available latest version and these are freshly enrolled devices.

• Participant

griffith

Participant

Since the action status is pending, this is probably because the device is unresponsive. I once encountered this issue on one of my Mac that was enrolled via the native ‘/enroll’ method. The issue was instantly rectified by restarting the device. Do try it out.

• Participant

Tamsin

Participant

Thanks @griffith, I issue was temporarily resolved when I restarted the device. After a few hours, the device returned back to its unresponsive state. I have checked this out on a few of the Macs, it doesn’t seem to be a device-specific behavior.

• @tamsin-tim,

I have referred to your previous responses; it looks like an issue from the Apple side (either APNs or any Apple bugs). However, there is one more thing that I want you to check out – Push the action “Scan Device Location” (if you have already set up location tracking) or “Execute Custom Script” to the device. Check if the action is getting successful. If that action is successful, we can say for sure that this is not an Hexnode issue. Reformatting your OS or updating to the latest version might resolve the error.

Regards
    Nora Lang
    Hexnode UEM