iOS Enrollment problem

expand collapsive

When I’m trying to enroll my iPads, it shows the error the new MDM payload does not match the old payload on the device. What is this error and how do I fix this?

All Replies

• Hi @Aura-Bella, that’s a common error encountered while enrolling iOS devices. 

This error shows up when you have already set up an MDM profile on the device you are trying to enroll. If you are seeing this error, you might want to remove the previous profile from your device. Note, this has to be done manually from Settings > General > Profiles and Device Management on the device.

Please check our iOS Enrollment troubleshooting documentation where you can find solutions to common errors faced by our users.  

Hope I was able to help resolve the issue.

Cheers!
    Zach Goodman
    Hexnode UEM 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Zach Goodman.
  • Participant

Binta

Participant

The error I’m getting is not listed in document you gave link to above. The error is “An error has occurred – The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain – 1012)”. I’m trying to enroll my iOS devices in the supervised mode using Apple Configurator.

• Hello @Binta, sorry for the trouble caused. We have covered the errors that come during Apple Configurator enrollment separately as these errors are of a different nature and concern a pre-configured method of enrollment. 

Your error is the result of having a cached copy of expired Hexnode MDM certificates. The solution to your issue is also covered in this document in detail. To solve the issue, the recommended method is 

1. Click on Apple Configurator 2 from the menu bar and choose Preferences from the drop-down list. 
    2. Select the Servers tab. 
    3. Choose the corresponding Hexnode server and delete it by clicking the “” button on the bottom of the server list. 
    4. Now, try to re-enroll your device.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!
    Zach Goodman
    Hexnode UEM