Install chrome extensions on windows

expand collapsive

Hello experts, can someone guide me on how to install chrome extensions on windows with hexnode? Couldn’t find any particular feature when I skimmed through their docs.

All Replies

• Participant

Lauren

Participant

Hey @cindy  I couldn’t find any particular feature as well in hexnode to install extensions. But ig it’s always a safe bet to employ scripts as a workaround until they develop the feature. I suggest you do some quick google searches to find a suitable script and then make use of hexnode’s execute custom script action.

If you find any appropriate scripts, do leave it here so that it helps others as well.

• @cindy We appreciate you reaching out to us.

As suggested by @laur, you can use Execute Custom Script action from the Hexnode console to install any Google Chrome extension on your Windows devices by making appropriate changes and deploying the custom script provided below.

Batch Script (.bat)

1. Firstly, you need to locate the ID of the Google Chrome extension you intend to install. So, enter chrome://extensions in the Google Chrome browser’s address bar.
    2. In the Extensions page that appears, search the name of the Google chrome Extension. Next, toggle the switch to enable Developer Mode and copy the ID for the extension.
    3. Now, simply replace ‘cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb’ in the script with the copied ID.
    4. Finally, navigate to the Manage tab in the Hexnode portal and select the target devices on which you wish to install these extensions. Click on Actions > Execute Custom Script and deploy the customized script.

Hope this answer suits your requirements. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM

Solution