How to give users access to only one app and one web page?

expand collapsive

Hey, I wanna configure an app such that the users should be able to visit only one particular website via that app. Ideas?

All Replies

• Participant

Roros

Participant

Um, sorry I didn’t make myself clear. So here’s the whole thing: The users should have access to a single browser app, and only one particular page in that. Don’t want them to switch to other tabs/pages etc. Would be best if they can’t access home screen too. All phones run on Android.

• Hey guys, thanks for posting on our forum!

Roros, first, you need to upload the required web apps in the Hexnode app inventory. Now, select the specific web app and add it to a single app kiosk under Policies > Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown. Now, navigate to Website Kiosk Settings under Policies > Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown. There are mainly two ways by which you can proceed from here:

Method 1
    In Website Kiosk Settings, you can choose to open the web app via Hexnode Browser Lite. You can also configure to open the app in full screen with the Open web apps in full screen option. Ensure that the website that has to be accessed by the users is added in the space provided under Whitelist websites. The users won’t be able to access any websites other than the ones you’ve whitelisted here.

Method 2
    Here, in Website Kiosk Settings, for the Open web app with option, you can choose Hexnode Kiosk Browser, single tab. You can also add any additional websites that the user may require access to under the Whitelist websites field.

For more information, please refer to the documentation on Hexnode kiosk browsers.

Hope that resolves the issue.

Cheers!
    Gabriel Galbraith
    Hexnode UEM