Certificate installation silently

expand collapsive

Anyone here?
I need my certificates to get installed silently on my Android devices. This needs to be later used for Wi-fi purposes. Can this be achieved via Hexnode?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

The certificates will be silently installed on Samsung SAFE Devices.
    The certificates with .p12 and .cer extensions can be installed silently. Certificates with .p12 extensions will have a password available with it. The password should be provided along with the certificate being uploaded. Only if this password is correct, silent installation of certificate will happen.

Kindly use the help link for more info on the same.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

In case of devices that do not support the silent installation of certificates, a notification will appear on the device screen. You will be asked to tap on Click to install for installing the certificate.
    The certificate will not be installed on the devices that are not secured with a password. So, when the certificate policy is pushed to a device that does not have a password, a prompt asking to set the password appears on the device screen. The certificate can be installed only after setting the password.

Please check out our help doc on adding certificates for more info.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Keystore specifies the purpose for which the certificate being deployed will be used. Navigate to Policies-> Android-> Security-> Certificates. On clicking the drop-down list next to KeyStore you will be able to choose any of the below:

• Default: This denotes that the certificate can be used for any purpose associated with the device.
    • Wi-Fi: This denotes that the certificate will only be used as an identity certificate for WI-FI.
    • VPN and APPS: This denotes that the certificate will only be used as VPN credentials.

Please check out the help doc on adding certificates for Android devices to get more info.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM