Can hexnode spy on me?

expand collapsive

Hey all!
Need opinion about Hexnode. My company is thinking about using it for managing our devices. They have asked us to vote for or against this proposal. I know how easy management of devices will be if we have an MDM but what about user privacy? Will the company be able to see all my personal data? I use company’s iPhone for personal use. So I WhatsApp, check my mails, take photos, basically do everything that u do with ur phone in my company device. I take my privacy very seriously. Don’t want company or anyone else for that matter seeing my personal stuff.

All Replies

• Participant

Aubrey

Participant

@Tad That’s doesn’t sound right. I think they can control only Samsung Knox devices because once I couldn’t access Wi-Fi on my knox and had to do all work-related stuff using cellular data. It was unbearably slow. I contacted my company admin even though I was hopeless as the country was in lockdown. Thankfully, he could remotely solve this using Hexnode. I had to provide permission for the admin to access my device. So remote control was a blessing for me. He was saying that I got lucky as this is not possible in iPhone.

• Hi Rhys,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As of now, Hexnode can remotely control only rooted Android devices and Samsung Knox devices. It is mainly used by IT admins of an organization to troubleshoot issues on their employees’ devices as @Aubrey rightly mentioned.

On iPhone, Hexnode can only delete managed apps. Managed apps are apps that are installed via Hexnode. Supervision is a feature of Apple that lets the organization have more control over the device. Read List of iOS Supervised mode features by version to know more. With Hexnode, organizations can configure VPN, blacklist malicious websites/apps, block cookies, control the flow of personal and corporate data etc., to prevent cyber-attacks. This not only protects the corporate data but keeps your phone safe too. As long as your activities do not put corporate data or the device at risk, Hexnode will not interfere with your usage of the device.

We understand your concerns regarding privacy. Refer to our privacy policy to get a deeper understanding. Feel free to contact us if you still have lingering doubts.

Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM

• Hi Tad,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As mentioned earlier, Hexnode can remotely control only rooted Android devices and Samsung Knox devices. The end user will have to grant permission to enable Remote view/control. Hexnode takes user privacy very seriously. There are policies that ensure that corporate data is separated from personal data. Due to this segregation, the organization will not need to access personal data stored on the device under any circumstances. We are sorry for any misunderstandings caused and would be more than happy to assist you in any way.

Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM