Read an adobe file on Android

expand collapsive

I cannot get an adobe file to read on Android. I have added to device and policy , Flash, reader and adobe content. File says “file downloading” then nothing. . . ideas?

All Replies

• Hexnode

Hexnode Support

Keymaster

Lyric,

To read the downloaded PDF while the device is in Kiosk mode, whitelisting Adobe Reader won’t be enough. You have to whitelist a secondary system app that allows Adobe reader to select and open the downloaded file. Here’s a similar topic. that provides a step by step solution for you.

Thanks and regards
    Hexnode Support Team
    +1-866-498-9407 (US Toll Free)
    +44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll Free)
    +61-1800165939 (Australia Toll Free)
    +1-510-545-9700 (Intl)
    Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Yes, you can create shortcuts for PDF files and then push them to Android devices locked down to Kiosk mode.
    The desired file that is to be deployed to the target device has to be uploaded to the Hexnode repository at first. Navigate to Admin-> File Management to find the option to upload the file.
    Once the file is uploaded, you can create a shortcut for the file. Go to Apps-> File Shortcuts and click on Create File Shortcut. Enter the details and click Create.
    The shortcut can now be added to the Kiosk policy. Navigate to Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Single App/ Multi-App, click on the + icon and select the file shortcut. Click Done. Please note to associate targets and save the policy.
    The file will now be pushed to the target devices.

Need to know more? Check out deploying pdf files to Android devices in kiosk mode.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hey Aimi,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Hexnode lets you customize the kiosk mode on your devices. Navigate to Policies > Kiosk Lockdown > Launcher > Customizations, and you will be displayed with a variety of options to customize your kiosk launcher. You can configure icon size, add and customize the logo and title for the kiosk home screen on your devices.

I hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Chizu

Participant

Hey peeps. I added a PDF doc in single app kiosk mode and it is opening up automatically. I don’t want this to happen. Is there any way to start the single app kiosk in the home screen rather than automatically opening the app?

• Hey Chizu,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

You will not be able to prevent the kiosk app/app shortcut from automatically opening from inside the single app kiosk mode. You can however delay the auto-launch of the app/app shortcut in the single app kiosk mode by setting the time for App auto-launch delay in Kiosk Lockdown > Android Kiosk Lockdown > Launcher. Alternatively, you can add the app/app shortcut in multi-app kiosk mode if you want the kiosk home screen to be displayed when the kiosk mode is activated.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Chris Coleman
    Hexnode UEM