Wi-Fi on AE device owner

Floris R. Keeley
expand collapsive

Hey everyone
My company has bought samsung galaxy S20 for the new employees to work on. (I know, lucky idiots!!) Planning to enroll the devices in Hexnode as AE device owners. Please brief me on setting up Wi-Fi policy.

All Replies

• Deborah Timothy

Deborah Timothy

Hexnode

Deborah Timothy

Hello Floris,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Use the QR code method to enroll those devices. Then you will be able to push Wi-Fi configurations without applying a separate Wi-Fi policy. Go to Enroll > Platform Specific > Android Enterprise. From QR code settings, scroll down to Wi-Fi Settings, select Add Wi-Fi network configuration to QR code and give the details of your network. The device will be connected to that Wi-Fi network right from the initial setup.

AE-DO-QR_code_enrollment

Hope that answered your query.

Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM

• Cecelia

Cecelia

Participant

Cecelia

Participant

@Deborah Thanks. Even I needed that hack badly. Have always been a fan of QR codes. Will this prevent the employees from connecting to other Wi-Fi networks after enrolling to Hexnode? Everyone seems too eager to connect to the wi-fi of the restaurant down the street. Tired of conducting “awareness sessions”.

• Floris R. Keeley

Floris R. Keeley

Participant

Floris R. Keeley

Participant

@Cecelia that alone did not stop my people from connecting to other networks. I had to configure a policy and disable wi-fi from advanced restriction, to stop them from messing with the set wi-fi.

• Deborah Timothy

Deborah Timothy

Hexnode

Deborah Timothy

Hello Cecelia,

Simply configure a policy that has the option “Configure Wi-Fi” disabled from Android > Advanced Restrictions and apply it to the devices. The users will no longer be able to connect to another Wi-Fi. Please note that this restriction works only for devices enrolled in Android Enterprise.

Cheers!!
    Deborah Timothy
    Hexnode UEM

• Cecelia

Cecelia

Participant

Cecelia

Participant

@Deborah Worked like magic!! Thanks.