HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Spinning icon after creating standard account via scriptsSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 years ago

One of our Macs is stuck with a spinning icon when logging in to the standard user account created using the script: https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/help/script-to-create-new-users-on-mac/

Able to login to the admin account after a force reboot though. Anyone facing similar issues?

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
2 years ago

Did you try booting up your Mac in Safe mode? Safe mode will prevent loading 3rd party drivers & extensions and will clear a huge chunk of cached data. Logging in safe mode is a troubleshooting method to fix any unexpected software behavior.

How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

Participant
2 years ago

Had the same issue on a couple of my Macs as well. However, it automatically gets fixed after a couple of restarts. Or if it doesn’t, booting up in safe mode fixes it.Not sure about the what the issue is really. As I recall from a subreddit I read, updating the NVRAM/PRAM also seems to help.

Participant
2 years ago

@Bram @Luuk Appreciate your inputs. On testing a bit further, it seems like some of the ‘dscl’ commands have issues with latest macOS versions. Not really sure though.

An alternative script given in Hexnode’s script repo which executes the ‘sysadminctl’ command worked all right!