Check if pkg is flat or not

expand collapsive

Hi guys, I have been trying to add an enterprise app using a pkg file. But the pkg file is not being accepted by the portal. I have reasons to believe the pkg file might be a flat pkg file and that’s why it is not being accepted. But I’m not sure how to differentiate between a flat and a normal pkg file. Anyone have any ideas?

PS: The signature of the pkg file is valid. Not the problem of the file signature

All Replies

• Hi @vera,
    Thank you for choosing Hexnode Connect!

Checking the contents of the PKG file can determine if the file is flat or not. For example, if the PKG file contains the package info root file and the distribution root file, it is not a flat PKG file. Use the script provided below to expand the PKG file and reveal its contents.

Execute the above script after replacing <PKG file> with the name of the PKG file along with the path and <destination folder> with the path to a new folder. The command will create a new folder with the provided name where the PKG file contents will be listed.

The script provided above is adapted from third-party open-source sites. Therefore, it is advised to manually validate the script execution on a system before executing in bulk.

Hope that helps. Feel free to contact us for more queries.
    Cheers!
    Johan Blake
    Hexnode UEM