Setting up multiple corporate accounts using Exchange ActiveSync

expand collapsive

Hi,
We need to set up multiple corporate accounts on our devices. We use knox devices so I know they can be set up through the exchange activesyc policy. What I don’t know is if we can do this by pushing multiple policies to the device. I remember reading somewhere that a new account will replace the older exchange activesync account.

All Replies

• Hey, @tycho. Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can configure multiple ActiveSync accounts on the same device by pushing multiple policies. A new Exchange ActiveSync account added to the device does not replace the existing account, and both the accounts co-exist on the Samsung Email app.

To ease down the process, you could also make use of the wildcards feature to auto-populate the User and Email address fields while configuring the policy. That way, you can associate a single policy with a number of devices for each Exchange ActiveSync account you want to configure.

Hope this helps. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out.

Have a great day!
    Chris Wheeler
    Hexnode UEM

• Hey, @ecrin. Thank you for reaching out.

Please ensure the following pre-requisites are met:

1. You must be associating the policy to a Samsung Knox device. Exchange ActiveSync policy can be configured only on Samsung Knox devices.
    2. The Samsung Email app, the native email client on Samsung devices, is installed on the device. The accounts set up via the Exchange ActiveSync policy will be configured here.

Do let us know if you’re still facing the issue.

Cheers!
    Chris Wheeler
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

eCRin

Participant

Oh that must be it! We don’t have the samsung email app installed on the devices but ideally, we want the accounts to be configured in the respective email apps, i.e, the Gmail and Outlook app. Any way this can be done?

• @ecrin Yes, this can be achieved with the help of the App Configurations feature.

You can push app configurations for the Gmail and Outlook client apps from the Hexnode portal to set up the corporate accounts on your devices.

Here’s what you need to do:

1. Install Gmail and Microsoft Outlook on your devices via remote action or mandatory apps policy.
    2. Approve and add the email client apps to the Hexnode app inventory.
    3. Navigate to Policies > Android > App Configurations and click on Add new configuration.
    4. Find Gmail/Microsoft Outlook from the list of approved apps and click Select.
    5. Configure the required fields from the window that appears and tap Done.
    6. Click on Add and associate the policy with the required device(s).

Please note that the devices should be enrolled in Android Enterprise as Device Owner or Profile Owner to push App Configurations.

Hope this helps. Reach out for any further queries.

Cheers!
    Chris Wheeler
    Hexnode UEM