send emergency alerts

expand collapsive

Hi all,
I would want to send daily alerts on the number of active COVID cases within the organizational premises. Is there any way to do this?

All Replies

• Hey folks, thank you all for being such an active part of the community!

Answering your original query, @betty, as @cohe has rightly pointed out, ‘Broadcast message’ is what you are looking for.

Using Hexnode, Admins can broadcast messages to Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows 10 devices. You can also include wildcards within these messages to display specific device/user details.

To send alerts/messages to your devices, follow the below steps:

1. To begin, login to Hexnode Portal and navigate to Manage > Devices.
    2.  Now select the devices to which you want to send the message.
    3. Then, go to Actions and select Broadcast Message.
    4. Once the modal window appears, type in your message (Character limit: 500) and include wildcards as per your needs.
    5. Click Send and you’ll have the messages sent to the end user’s devices!

To answer your query @chad, for devices enrolled in Android Enterprise as ‘Profile Owner’, messages will not come up as popup notifications on the device. To access these messages, go to the ‘Messages’ section on the Hexnode for Work app.

Check out how to broadcast messages to a device to learn more.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  Emma Jones.
  • Participant

Remi

Participant

Broadcast message feature has worked well for us till date. All the messages used to be displayed as pop up with no fuss.  But now as part of our new management we are locking down our Android devices into kiosk mode. Don’t know why but the messages are not shown as pop ups anymore… Is there something I am missing out?

• Hello @remi, I think I can assist you with that.

To display a message as a pop-up in kiosk mode on Android devices, it is mandatory to enable Hexnode Messenger in the Android kiosk settings.

1. Open the kiosk policy you have associated with your devices. Go to Peripheral Settings under Kiosk Lockdown.
    2. Now, enable View messages sent by admin under Messenger.
    3. Click Save.

Your kiosk policy has been modified now to show messages sent by the admin as pop-ups.

Additionally, enabling Hexnode Messenger while the device is in multi-app kiosk mode also allows users to access all the previously received messages on their device.

Hope this solution works for you.

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM