HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Provide more option for synchronization times with ADSolved

Participant
Ideation
4 years ago

It would be very helpful if more options for syncing with AD can be provided. Currently all we have is either a daily/weekly timer with a specific hour and minutes of the day, instead I would prefer one were I can set it to sync on hourly or even minute bases, example: sync every 10 minutes.

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 years ago

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We have a current limit on AD sync as it used for user management.

However, should you need to update the same on Hexnode immediately after updating the AD server, you can start a sync manually as well, by clicking on the settings button in Admin -> Active Directory-> Sync.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
Hexnode MDM

Participant
4 years ago

Hello,

Yes, I am aware of that functionality, however it is manual. I would rather have it sync, on a mass scale it is a really cumbersome solution. I can not provide everyone with access to it, but users are created without my oversight, so I am constantly asked to log in to hexnode and sync to our AD.

It is a user case which you may not have encountered until now, however, I am sure there are people other than me that would appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Hexnode Expert
4 years ago

Hi Denis,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We shall definitely raise a feature request for our team to discuss the implementation of increasing the AD Sync frequency.

Kindly email us your Hexnode account details at “mdm-support@hexnode.com”, for us to append you to the notification queue.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
Hexnode MDM