Network Error occurred

expand collapsive

Hi, this error is shown every time I try to enroll my device by giving sever name. Can u guys tell me why this is happening?
All I did was download the Hexnode UEM app from play store and install it. When I opened the app and typed in the name of my hexnode server this error showed up. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Networkerror

All Replies

• Participant

Jimena

Participant

U sure u typed in the correct server name? Since there seems to be no room for error in any of the other steps you mentioned looks like it’s most prolly coz of incorrect server name.
    I was faced with an ‘unknown error occurred’ error message when I had typed in a wrong server name a few times. Don’t know why it’s showing 2 diff error messages for this though.

• Hey @raelynn, Looks like @emersyn and @jimena came through for you!

In the event that this error occurs again, please follow the below steps:

1. Ensure that the device is connected to the internet.
    2. For authenticated enrollments, ensure that the connected domain service is functional.

If the issue still persists, it can be attributed to an incorrect server name.

In the possibility that you entered an incorrect server name; you’ll be faced with either of the 2 error prompts given below:

If Server name = abcd.hexnodemdm.com 

‘Network Error Occurred’ – Verify if ‘.hexnodemdm.com’ part of the server name you entered is correct.
    ‘Unknown Error Occurred’ – Verify if ‘abcd.’ part of the server name you entered is correct.

Do check out our Troubleshooting Guides to find assistance on common errors.

Hope you find this useful!

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Emma Jones.
  • Participant

ricardo

Participant

Hi @emma,

Looks like this is not the case for me. I’ve tried logging in with the right server name, but it still shows ‘unknown error occurred’. I’ve double-checked the server name.

As with the network issue – I can enroll the device with Hexnode for Work, but cannot do it with Hexnode UEm app – don’t think the issue is related to my network. There’s something going wrong.

Cna you please suggest how can I complete the enrollment?

• Hello @ricardo, thank you for reaching out to us.

Once you’ve enrolled your device with Hexnode for work, you cannot enroll it again using Hexnode UEM unless disenrollment is complete. You might notice that this is the case even if the work profile has been removed from the device.

If you wish to enroll the same device again using Hexnode UEM, kindly ensure that you have disenrolled the device from the Hexnode portal. Navigate to the Manage tab and select your device. Next, tap on Actions and choose Disenroll device. Click on “Yes” in the confirmation window, and the device will be disenrolled!

Once the device is disenrolled, you can re-enroll the device using Hexnode UEM app and you will no longer face this error.

Please try it out and keep me posted on any updates.

Cheers!
    Emma Jones
    Hexnode UEM