macOS device not checking in after updating to Ventura

expand collapsive

Hi,
We have a few Macs deployed in our organization and we are managing them using Hexnode. Recently we updated some of them to macOS Ventura (13.0) after which we have been facing this issue of them not checking in with the portal. We tried restarting the device multiple times and connecting it to different networks but still the device doesn’t check in. Tried running the sudo command but it shows profile installation error stating “Not found in keychain”, is there any fix for the same?

All Replies

• Hi @timothy , thanks for reaching out to us.

If devices fail to check in with the Hexnode UEM portal, it may be due to the deletion of the “Hexnode Root CA” certificate from the device. This is indicated by the error message “Not found in Keychain.” In such cases, the device will be unable to connect to the server. Since the device is not pinging the server, we cannot renew the profile from our end. However, you can re-enroll your device by removing the MDM profile. This would resolve the issue, please reach out to us in case of any further queries.

With regards,
    Darvin Hudson
    Hexnode UEM

• Hi @timothy , your device must be having a non-removable MDM profile. You can either reset the device or try removing the profiles and re-installing the MDM profile on your device by following the steps mentioned here. Hope this helps.

With regards,
    Darvin Hudson
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Timothy

Participant

I tried to remove the profiles by accessing the recovery mode as mentioned in the documentation you provided. However, certain folders I need to delete seem to have Read-only access. This is preventing me from removing them successfully.

I even tried changing the read/write access but was not successful in that either.

• @timothy , please update your device to the latest macOS version, then try removing the profiles and running the “sudo profiles renew -type enrollment” command again. There appears to be an issue with the sudo command in macOS versions 13.0 and 13.1. However, it is expected to function properly in subsequent higher versions. Hope this solves the issue.

With regards,
    Darvin Hudson
    Hexnode UEM

• Participant

Timothy

Participant

Hi Darvin, I was able to run the sudo command successfully after removing the profiles andupdating the Mac to a recent version.Thank you for helping me through; the devices are now checking in with the portal.