iPad in kiosk shows Error -‘guided access app unavailable.contact admin’

expand collapsive

hello, one of my iPads thats in kiosk mode is showing me an error guided access app unavailable. please contact admin. Ive tried to remove the policy associated to the iPad but it still is not working. what should i do?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

This error appears because you have tried to apply a kiosk policy to manage an app that is not installed on the device. When the device is booting up, it attempts to load the application and lock it in the foreground as a Kiosk. When the app is not found, the entire device is locked up into a non-responsive state.

The error may also occur due to misconfiguration of other Accessibility related settings, but will typically not fully lock the device down in a non-responsive state. So, if you can access the device settings, just navigate to settings -> accessibility and turn off guided access.

If this doesn’t work, since you have already tried removing the policy from the device and it has not made any difference, you may have to reset the device. You may initiate the wipe via remote actions or carry out hard reset.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM