iOS app and app configuration

expand collapsive

Hi,

I’m looking for a way to have an iOS application distributed on 2 group of devices but with different app configuration (the xml file).

Actually, when I’ve uploaded my application with app configuration file, I can not upload the same app with an other app configuration because the app version already exist.

I don’t want to change the bundle ID, if I had to do so, app configuration would become useless as I could set my configuration inside the app directly.

Do you know any workaround that could solve this ?

Thanks for your time

All Replies

• Hello @nicolas-demoisson, welcome to Hexnode Community!

Only a single version or configuration (XML file) for an app can exist in the Hexnode app inventory at any given time.

We’ll communicate your requirement with the concerned teams. In the meanwhile, why don’t you give this a try:

1. Upload the app with its initial configuration to the Hexnode’s app inventory.
    2. Push the app into the first device group using the Install Application action.
    3. Go to the Apps tab, select the same app and update its configuration by uploading the new XML file.
    4. Now, push the app to the second device group.

This way, both the device groups will have the required configurations of the same application.

Hope this helps, do let us know in case of any further queries.

Regards,
    Chloe Edison
    Hexnode UEM