iOS / Android Management App for Administrators

expand collapsive

Hello,

I did not look this up before to see if its in the pipeline or not, but it would be nice to have a mobile app for iOS or Android for on-the-go administration, in a pinch.

I’ve been able to access from the web browser on my phone, but its not as seamless of an experience.

Thank you in advance.

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

I’m afraid that Hexnode currently does not support this feature.
    However, I will forward the idea to our team. Please keep posting!

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Participant

freedomitsolutionsjax

Participant

Don’t know if you’ve just added a shortcut to the website to your mobile desktop. Not as seamless as an application, but better than navigating to your domain each time.

• Hexnode

eva-tyler

Hi,

Greetings from Hexnode support!

Currently, we do not have provision to deploy the Hexnode administrator app (login for portal). However, you would be able to manually add the home screen shortcut for your Hexnode portal manually from the browser in your device.

Also, once your Hexnode account is activated, a Hexnode MDM portal web app is created by default within your Hexnode apps inventory. The URL for the web app would be of the portal https://portalname.hexnodemdm.com. 

In the case of iOS devices, you can push the web app as web clips (outside kiosk) or lock down the device to web app Kiosk mode. The web app once pushed to the device would redirect to your portal log in once activated.

Please note that the web app Kiosk is supported only for Supervised iOS devices.

For Android devices, the web apps can reach the device end only via the Web app Kiosk policy.

Cheers!
    Eva Tyler
    Hexnode MDM