- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Grace Baker. This post has been viewed 436 times
August 10, 2017 at 6:43 pm #319Liam
Hi, I have a tablet which I have been using to test an app within Hexnode. I’d like to add two more tablets so that my client can test the app also. Would you mind reminding me how to do this please?September 13, 2017 at 5:56 am #625Hexnode SupportHexnode MDM2 pts
Here’s a gist of what you need to do.
- Enroll the two Android tablets
- Create a group and add the devices.
- On your Hexnode MDM portal, upload the Android app APK you want to test.
- Create a policy, set the test app as a mandatory app and assign the policy to the group.
The apps will be automatically pushed to all the devices in the group.
You can add app updates or different apps by editing the policy.
To revisit each step in detail,
- Enroll devices
- You can register the devices easily by scanning a QR code. Follow this set by step guide on QR code enrollment
- Group devices
- You may employ static or dynamic groups. If you have just the three devices, static groups would be fine. If you plan on expanding the test group with a lot more devices, a dynamic group would be the way to go.
- Upload Enterprise App
- Hop over to the Android Enterprise apps section on our help to learn how to upload the APK and push it to the devices.
- Set as a Mandatory app
- Here is how you can set the App as a mandatory app
February 24, 2020 at 12:33 pm #5613Logan
- This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Hexnode Support.
Is there any automated process for the devices to get added automatically?February 25, 2020 at 4:16 am #5622Grace BakerModerator1 pt
Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.
Yes, there is. You can create a dynamic group. The devices will get automatically added to the group based on the filters that you have configured. For example, you can group devices based on its serial number, UDID, IMEI number, etc. The devices will be added or removed from the group during the periodic group sync.
Please follow the below steps for the creation of dynamic groups:
- Navigate to Manage-> Device Groups and click on New Dynamic Group.
- Enter a Group Name and Description.
- Under Condition filters, you can add filters and choose whether all these have to be met or just any one of them.
- Under Location Filters, you can select locations to group the devices based on regions.
- Click on the Preview button to view the devices that meet the condition and click on Save.
Need more info? Check out Dynamic Device Groups in Hexnode MDM.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.