Hexnode extends SCEP support to macOS

expand collapsive

Certificate management is about to get simplified, cause starting today, Hexnode will support certificate-based authentication using SCEP for your macOS devices as well.

With the SCEP integration, you can issue certificates to a large number of network devices and secure Wi-Fi and VPN connections, as well as your users’ accounts from external threats with a digital-certificate-based authentication, for added security.

To get started, head over to macOS > Security > SCEP.

SCEP for macOS

Feel free to check out the documentation on SCEP for macOS while you are at it. And if you run into any trouble or require our assistance, you can reach out to us via email at support@hexnode.com. You can also ping us here at Hexnode Connect anytime.

Cheers!
Audrey Black
Hexnode UEM

All Replies

• This is awesome, thank you!

While I hate to say “about time”, but it really is, but still only covers Mac and IOS, still not Windows or Android. Lack of comprehensive SCEP support across platforms for certificate delivery is a major missing feature for your MDM compared to most major *other* MDM’s that do and have for some time.

In terms of trying to deliver an enterprise PKI solution for the customer, my first experience with Hexnode was that there was no proper SCEP for anything but IOS, which more or less negated it’s whole value to me as a network/security architect. Sadly this remains incomplete.

While at least this handles Mac and IOS now, what about Windows or Android still for SCEP, or it’s more progressive cousin, ACME for certificate issuing to hosts? We have a growing number of Linux desktops as well that would be nice to support eventually.

It *is* progress though, I’ll take it!