HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Granting permission to Hexnode app after installationSolved

Participant
Discussion
4 years ago

In case of the hxenode app, when it is installed for the first time, there is the accept and continue button when launching the app. Can the access be automatic. Would like to by pass it.

Replies (9)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
4 years ago

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please specify the device platform?

Cheers!
Grace Baker
Hexnode MDM

Participant
4 years ago

i have iphones

Hexnode Expert
4 years ago

Hey, Thanks for the reply.

I’m afraid that you will have to manually grant these permissions after the installing the Hexnode MDM app. This is because the iOS has made it mandatory that the privileges have to be granted physically from the device end. So, the MDM cannot automate this process.

Cheers!
Grace Baker
Hexnode MDM

Participant
3 years ago

Not able to give permission required for the Hexnode app on my Samsung device. The permission draw over other apps is giving me trouble.

Participant
3 years ago

Might be an issue with ur device. Have not faced this issue till now. Been using Hexnode for quite some time now.  What is exactly happening on ur device when u try to give this permission?

Participant
3 years ago

When I try to give this draw over other apps permission, I am seeing that the feature is not available on the device.

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Check if you can see any apps with Display/Draw over other apps or Device Overlay permission. Try granting the permission to Hexnode app after disabling the permission for all these apps. Since you cannot see the feature itself, it might be because your OEM does not allow the users to grant permission for apps to draw over other apps. The OEMs can decide if the user should be allowed to grant/deny permissions. You cannot enable the Draw over other apps permissions if your OEM does not provide it. Try to reach out to the device manufacturer to know if there is any workaround.

Cheers!!
Deborah Timothy
Hexnode UEM

Participant
3 years ago

Not able to see that permission. My device model might be the villain. Can’t find the option to disable battery optimization also. Same issue?

Hexnode Expert
3 years ago

It seems like your OEM hasn’t provided you with the option to enable Draw over other apps permission and disable Battery optimization.

Cheers!!
Deborah Timothy
Hexnode UEM