Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

enable location check-in while in kiosk mode

Unified Endpoint Management Community Forums Kiosk Management enable location check-in while in kiosk mode

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 4 weeks ago by Grace Baker. This post has been viewed 773 times
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tamara Bowers

I need help. I’m in kiosk mode and I want to enable Location check-in. How do I do this?

• #2003 Score: 0
      Hexnode Support
      Hexnode MDM
      2 pts

Tamara, here’s how you do it.

Enable Location Check-in option: To enable users to check in their location, Go to Policies tab and open your kiosk policy. Click on Kiosk Settings tab. Enable the option “Enable User location check-in” under Miscellaneous Settings.  Save your policy.

Location Check In
      Use Location Check-in option: Tap on the Settings icon on your device and select Location Check-in option. This will open a prompt asking you to enter location notes. Once entered, click Send.

Location check-in

View Location Notes: You can find the history of location notes sent by the users from Reports > Location Reports > Location History.

Here is all you need to know about location tracking.

Thanks and regards
      Hexnode Support Team
      +1-866-498-9407 (US Toll-Free)
      +44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll-Free)
      +61-1800165939 (Australia Toll-Free)
      +1-510-545-9700 (Intl)
      Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.

• #5755 Score: 0
      Heidi

Where can I find this option now?

• #5762 Score: 0
      Grace Baker
      3 pts

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

There are some changes due to the recent updates. To enable the Location Check-in in Android Kiosk, please navigate to Policies-> Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Peripheral Settings-> Location and enable the option Users can add location notes. Associate targets and save the policy.

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 6.17.35 PM

Once the kiosk mode is enabled on the device, open the settings app on the device. Tap on the Location Check-in pop-up that appears on the device screen. A prompt appears to enter the location note. Click Send.

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 6.18.36 PM

To see the location notes from the Hexnode MDM console, please navigate to Reports-> Location Reports-> Location History. 

Need more help? Check out Location Check-in on Android.

Cheers!
      Grace Baker
      Hexnode MDM

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.