HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

enable location check-in while in kiosk modeSolved

Participant
Discussion
6 years ago

I need help. I’m in kiosk mode and I want to enable Location check-in. How do I do this?

Replies (3)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Hexnode Expert
6 years ago

Tamara, here’s how you do it.

Enable Location Check-in option: To enable users to check in their location, Go to Policies tab and open your kiosk policy. Click on Kiosk Settings tab. Enable the option “Enable User location check-in” under Miscellaneous Settings.  Save your policy.

Location Check In
Use Location Check-in option: Tap on the Settings icon on your device and select Location Check-in option. This will open a prompt asking you to enter location notes. Once entered, click Send.

Location check-in

View Location Notes: You can find the history of location notes sent by the users from Reports > Location Reports > Location History.

Here is all you need to know about location tracking.

Thanks and regards
Hexnode Support Team
+1-866-498-9407 (US Toll-Free)
+44-(800)-3689920(UK Toll-Free)
+61-1800165939 (Australia Toll-Free)
+1-510-545-9700 (Intl)
Hexnode | Mitsogo Inc.

Participant
4 years ago

Where can I find this option now?

Hexnode Expert
4 years ago

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

There are some changes due to the recent updates. To enable the Location Check-in in Android Kiosk, please navigate to Policies-> Kiosk Lockdown-> Android Kiosk Lockdown-> Peripheral Settings-> Location and enable the option Users can add location notes. Associate targets and save the policy.

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 6.17.35 PM

Once the kiosk mode is enabled on the device, open the settings app on the device. Tap on the Location Check-in pop-up that appears on the device screen. A prompt appears to enter the location note. Click Send.

Screenshot 2020-03-05 at 6.18.36 PM

To see the location notes from the Hexnode MDM console, please navigate to Reports-> Location Reports-> Location History. 

Need more help? Check out Location Check-in on Android.

Cheers!
Grace Baker
Hexnode MDM