Display specific apps on user devices

expand collapsive

Hey I need to allow my employees to download a set of apps on their Macs. The requirement of these apps is team specific. So, different teams may need different sets of apps. Is there anyway these apps could be deployed, and not installed on their macs? So that they can download these as they wish?

All Replies

• thanks, but that’s not what I’m looking for. There are a lot of employees, and as I said, the apps required depend on the employee’s team. Checking with everyone the apps they need and installing them through the policy would be very tedious and time consuming.

• Thanks for posting on our forum guys!

Sounds like the app catalog feature would just suit your needs, @Niha! This feature lets you create a customized app store where you can add all the apps required by the employees.

To create an App Catalog, go through the following steps:

1. Navigate to the Apps tab.
    2. Choose App Catalogs and click on +New to create a new app catalog. Here, you can add the necessary apps or app groups and save the catalog.
    3. Under Policies > macOS > App Management, select App Catalog and click on Configure.
    4. Choose the catalog you want to add by clicking on the +Add Catalogs button and associate the policy to the employees.

These apps will be displayed in the App Catalog section of the Hexnode app on the employee devices.

To make your job easier, you can classify different teams as user groups and associate the specific app catalog policy with these user groups.

Hope that resolves your doubt.

Cheers!
    Gabriel Galbraith
    Hexnode UEM

• Hello @Raquel, thanks for reaching out to us!

The apps are normally displayed under the App Catalog section in the Hexnode app within a few seconds after the policy is associated. If they are still not displayed on the device after a considerable amount of time, please try clicking on the SYNC button on the Hexnode app present on the device. Do inform us if the issue still persists.

Gabriel Galbraith
    Hexnode UEM