HexCon is coming to NYC. Catch the early-bird price before the time's up! Book me a spot

Device enrollment limit in HexnodeSolved

Participant
Discussion
2 years ago

We use Azure AD in our work environment and have integrated the same with the Hexnode portal. My question is: how do we limit the number of devices that can be enrolled for a specific user? In the azure portal, I can see there’s an option to set the device limit per user.

On a related note, is it possible to prevent users from enrolling their personal devices and only allow the enrollment of corporate devices?

Thanks.

Replies (2)

Marked SolutionPending Review
Participant
2 years ago

Responding to your query regarding enrollment of only corporate devices, we only allow pre-approved devices to be enrolled in our environment. To do this, go to enrollment settings in the portal and enable the ‘Pre-approved Devices Only’ option. Then, pre-approve all your corporate devices in the Hexnode portal which would then prevent users from enrolling any other devices like their personal devices.

https://www.hexnode.com/mobile-device-management/help/pre-enrollment-of-devices-hexnode-mdm/

Participant
2 years ago

@Raelynn The device limit option in Azure portal doesn’t affect device enrollment in Hexnode. It only applies to devices that are either Azure AD joined or Azure AD registered. As to prevent enrollment of personal devices, I guess @famk_e got you covered.