Clear User account password on Windows.

expand collapsive

We have a few Windows devices at our institution which students use for e-learning. Due to a shortage of devices, there are multiple student accounts on a single device. One of the student’s accounts has been locked. Is there a way to reset the password of that particular account without affecting other accounts or resetting the device?

All Replies

• Participant

famk_e

Participant

You can do this from your device. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage Accounts > name of account password to be changed > Change Password. Enter the new passwords and you are done.

I also forget my account passwords sometimes so I do this all the time.

• Hexnode

Archer

Hi @elwood-tyler,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can use the method mentioned by @famk_e, or if you’re trying to reset the account password from a remote location, custom scripts can be used to execute it.

You can reset passwords of user accounts on your Windows devices using the custom script available in our Sample Script Repository.

It is available in PowerShell and Batch script formats. Use the Execute Custom Script action to execute the script on your devices.

I feel that the Reset password for the local computer (Batch script) will suit your requirement.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further queries.

Cheers!

Archer Woods

Hexnode UEM