Cannot open files from sharepoint and onedrive on android

expand collapsive

Hey geeks,

Our students recently started having troubles opening sharepoint and online office files from sharepoint and onedrive. Whenever they try to access them, the devices are greeted with an error message stating that the files may be blocked.

I’m a lil perplexed here, I assume a created whitelist web filter is standing in our way that block these urls. If anyone has any ideas on how to eliminate this, I’m open to it coz we’re dead in the water now for new operations.

All Replies

• Participant

gable

Participant

If all your students do not experience this error, it might be a problem of the office apps. Sometimes, all you need is to just sign out and sign in again to open the files. And if everyone face this issue, it might be any restrictive settings configured from the admin console. Maybe the Hexnode support can shed some light on this.

• Hey @claire,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

There can be several reasons why SharePoint or OneDrive becomes inaccessible. From your description, it’s evident that the issue arises due to your web content filter policy. In this case, all you need to do is whitelist some Office 365 URLs to establish connectivity to your required sites.

Have a look at the SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business documentation to get the complete list of required addresses.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers!
    Jeff Morrison
    Hexnode UEM

• @claire You can also try out the kiosk functionality where you can add all the required websites as web apps, restricting access to all other apps or websites. Sometimes, you may also require to run some applications as background apps to ensure the smooth working of applications/websites added in the kiosk mode. In any case, you’ve to include the required Office 365 URLs to access files from Microsoft docs.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
    Jeff Morrison
    Hexnode UEM