Block unwanted apps from iPad

expand collapsive

My concern regarding MDM is to block certain applications from my customer’s iPad. Like, certain applications that could consume their working hours should be blocked from their devices. How can Hexnode help me with this?

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can blacklist the apps that you do not want the customer to use. On supervised iOS devices, if an already installed app is blacklisted, the app will be hidden from the device once the policy is pushed to the device. If the user tries to install a blacklisted app on the supervised device, it will get downloaded but will disappear after the download. Thus, the user will not be able to use it. Click here to know more about supervision.
    If the blacklisted app is installed on a non-supervised device, the app will not be hidden. The device will be marked as non-compliant and the users will not be blocked from using it.

Kindly use the link to know more about blacklisting on iOS devices.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Birdie,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With the iOS blacklist policy, most system apps of the iPad like Facetime, Camera, Clock, Maps, Appstore, Notes, iMessage etc.

However, there are 2 apps which cannot be blacklisted when it comes to iOS devices. They are the Phone app, and the Settings app.

The Phone app is majorly present only on iPhones, whereas the Settings app is present on both iPhones and iPads. MDMs shall not be able to block the users from blocking these applications on iOS devices.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM

• Hexnode

thomas-specter

Hi Birdie,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With the iOS blacklist policy, most system apps of the iPad like Facetime, Camera, Clock, Maps, Appstore, Notes, iMessage etc.

However, there are 2 apps which cannot be blacklisted when it comes to iOS devices. They are the Phone app, and the Settings app.

The Phone app is majorly present only on iPhones, whereas the Settings app is present on both iPhones and iPads. MDMs shall not be able to block the users from blocking these applications on iOS devices.

Cheers!

Thomas Specter
    Hexnode MDM