Cannot re-enroll my device because setup asks for previous owner credentials

expand collapsive

Reset my company owned phone and can’t access it now because setup is asking for a Google username and password. I tried mine and it didn’t work. Help!

All Replies

• Hello Florence, thank you for reaching out to us!

This unfortunate issue has occurred because Factory Reset Protection has been activated on the device. Factory Reset Protection (FRP) is a security feature which prevents access to a device that has undergone an unauthorized reset. FRP is activated only if a Google Account was set up on the device prior to a reset.

If your device was previously enrolled in Hexnode UEM as Android Enterprise Device Owner, please check if Bypass FRP was enabled. This is generally recommended to avoid such situations. If Bypass Factory Reset Protection was enabled, then all you need to fix this issue is the G Suite credentials of your organization or the Google Account ID that was previously configured via the Hexnode portal. Simply type in the credentials of associated Google Account ID or G suite Account and you are good to go.

Do have a look at How to securely bypass Factory Reset Protection for Android devices to know more.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers!
    April Watson
    Hexnode UEM

• Hey Callum, thank you for reaching out to us!

Sadly, in such cases, you must approach an Authorized Service Center to receive professional assistance to combat the issue. Please make sure to carry the necessary documents which will prove that the device belongs to you or your organization.

Hope this clears your query.

Cheers!
    April Watson
    Hexnode UEM