manage ios devices using DEP or Apple configurator?

expand collapsive

I am new to this Hexnode. I am looking ways to manage ios devices. So I could see 2 option, DEP and Apple Configurator. Which one should I choose? Can you help me in sorting out this? I have got 150 devices to get enrolled.

Tags:

All Replies

• Hexnode

grace-baker

Hey, Thanks for reaching out to us.

Since the devices are purchased from authorized resellers, they can be added to ABM and enrolled in DEP. Over the air supervision is possible in such cases. To enroll the device in DEP, your organization will have to be enrolled in DEP. Then, navigate to Enroll-> Platform- Specific-> iOS-> Apple Business/School Manager in the portal and configure the DEP. Configure the DEP Policy and add the devices to DEP. This method helps in enrollment of devices in bulk and makes it ready for use right out of the box. Please check out the enrollment of Apple devices through DEP for more info on this.
    Using Apple Configurator, you can mass enroll and supervise the iOS devices. Also, devices can be added to Apple DEP using the Apple Configurator, regardless of where it was purchased from. However, while using the Apple Configurator, you will have to physically connect the device with a Mac. So, it may not be convenient in cases when there are a large number of devices to be deployed. Please check out enrollment of devices using Apple Configurator or more info.

Cheers!
    Grace Baker
    Hexnode MDM